Job Title: Bar Supervisor
Report to: Senior Management/Bar Manager/Assistant Manager
Scope of Work:
To provide Ballygarry Estate Hotel & Spa standards of service to all customers in an attentive, professional & courteous manner in accordance with current legislation.
- To ensure 4* standards of service are achieved at all times.
- To perform in a professional and courteous manner with all customers, providing the highest level of customer care at all times
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Health & Safety for yourself, all employees and guests on the premises.
- To maintain guest privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- To maintain the prescribed standards of hygiene regarding all equipment used in the bars.
- To be informed on departmental SOP & follow guidelines and procedures set out in these.
- To stock the bar and to strictly adhere to the procedures in place for doing so, being mindful of stock rotation.
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness both inside and outside the counter & throughout the bar.
- To use time wisely and ensure used glasses are cleared from tables and counters.
- To have the appropriate knowledge to sell and serve alcoholic beverages to the public. To ensure that no underage person is served an alcoholic beverage, if unsure check with supervisor or manager.
- Responsible handling of cash and to give maximum concentration when handling cash and other till transactions. Please report any discrepancies.
- To report any maintenance problems
- To report to duty on time, in the correct uniform and to wear a name badge.
- To maintain cleaning schedules
- To be flexible for long shifts.
- To be efficient and hygienic in the serving of food
- Have reasonable knowledge of food and beverage & be able to upsell food & drink to guests.
- To have reasonable knowledge of wine
- To participate in Buffet service during events and ensure proper clearing of plates & cutlery and buffet area after service.
- To ensure you follow closing down procedures at the end of night shift ensuring work area is prepared for next day.
- To deal with complaints in a professional manner and hand them over to management when you have handled them as far as you can. Always report complaints to management.
- To attend training and meetings when required to do so by your manager.
- To supervise and manager the bar function, including stock-takes.
- Overseeing Bar staff
- Maintaining bar cleanliness
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety
- Supervising in a fast paced environment.
- Guaranteeing the bar team delivers excellent service.
You must be totally flexible in your position and any other duties deemed necessary by the manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tralee: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bar tending: 3 years (required)